February 24, 2016 | 2-3 p.m. ET
Via Adobe Connect
Developing critical thinking skills is the real business of higher education, which involves teaching students to:
- Analyze and evaluate information
- Reflect about it
- Arrive at thoughtful, informed opinions
Paula Bigatel, World Campus Faculty Development, will present a wealth of tools and strategies based on content provided by Magna Publications to help you promote critical thinking. This webinar will show you how to incorporate active learning components into every aspect of your courses, from lectures to labs, from writing assignments to tests.
During this webinar you’ll discover:
- Which activities promote active learning … and which don’t.
- How to create assignments and exams that reinforce critical thinking.
- How rubrics can help you make learning visible.
- How to incorporate case studies, role play, brainstorming, journals, interviews and other activities into class time.
- How to help students identify and consider the influence of context and writer bias.
Register here! Please choose “[02/24/16 – 02/24/16] Webinar009: Webinar009 – Critical Thinking” from the event drop down list. Registration will close on Monday, February 22. At that time you will receive the Adobe link to access the meeting space. All webinars are recorded and posted on our website for future viewing.