- 03/04/2024 - 04/01/2024
This is a course about what it means to “gamify” your teaching. It’s an immersive experience situating you in the language and culture of gaming. The goal is for you to redesign a course you’ve been teaching as a gamified experience. Whether these ideas seem perfect to implement now or something to explore later, you won’t look at online teaching the same way after the journey of this course.
This course begins on the first day of the month and ends on the last day. The design is a hybrid of self-guided and instructor-led content. You can move at your own pace during the month, but an instructor will be present throughout to give you feedback and keep you on track.
After taking this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Define educational games.
- Define gamification.
- Provide rationales for inclusion of an educational game in a given educational lesson.
- Provide rationales for inclusion of selected gamification techniques in a given educational lesson.
- Demonstrate the ability to design gamification techniques and include them in a given educational situation.
- List basic techniques for assessment of game-related activities in educational settings.
- Number: OL 3500.01
- Mode: Self-guided
- Duration: 30-31 days
- Time Commitment: 8-12 hours