- 03/01/2023 - 03/31/2023
This is a course about games and what it means to “gamify” your teaching. It’s something of an immersive experience in order to plant you in the language and culture of gaming. By doing this, the goal is for you to rethink what it would look like if you took a course you have been teaching and re-thought what it would look like if it were “gamified.” Some of these ideas might stick so well you will want to work on them right off. Others might seem goofy or too opaque for you to work with. Either way, if you choose to accept the journey of this course, you just might not look at online teaching in quite the same way.
This course is a bit unusual in that it begins on the first day of the month and ends on the end of the last day. It is a hybrid design of self-guided and instructor-led. This means you can move at your own pace during the month, but an instructor will be present to give you feedback and keep you on track.
Participants will be able to:
- define educational games
- define gamification
- provide rationales for inclusion of an educational game in a given educational lesson
- provide rationales for inclusion of selected gamification techniques in a given educational lesson
- demonstrate the ability to design and include gamification techniques in a given educational situation
- list basic techniques regarding assessment of game-related activities in educational settings
- Number: OL 3500.01
- Mode: Self-Guided
- Duration: 31 Days
- Time Commitment: 8–12 hours