- 08/07/2023 - 09/11/2023
OL 2000 provides you with a foundation to practice effective online teaching. This course is designed as an introductory point to embark on the Faculty Development Online Teaching certificates and courses. Activities focus on student engagement, assessment techniques, developing learning activities, reflective practice, and planning for future development and community-building.
Designed to introduce you to the essentials of online teaching and learning, this course is “asynchronous,” which means that while there will be assignments due at specific times during each week, you can log on and learn according to your schedule. There will be no “synchronous” meetings during OL 2000.
- Develops engagement and communication strategies for online learners
- Creates and facilitates effective online discussions
- Applies general learning and cognitive processes to online assignments
- Creates online assignments that produce higher-order thinking for students
- Develops strategies and procedures for effective and relationship-building online feedback
- Demonstrates reflective engagement with teaching practices to problem solve and strategize
- Curates resources and elements of community-building to plan ongoing development of teaching practice
- Number: OL 2000.01
- Category: Instructional Practice
- Mode: Instructor Led
- Duration: 5 Weeks
- Time Commitment: 3–6 hours/week