- 05/06/2024 - 06/03/2024
This course was designed for instructors with minimal learning design experience. It will help you to develop an approach to online course design that employs Penn State Quality Assurance e-Learning Design Standards and Quality Matters Standards to promote effective and engaging learning experiences. Ideally, this course will prepare you for the development of a new, fully online course. Or perhaps you want to redesign or edit an online course you have already taught. In either case, this course will be useful to those working on their own or in partnership with an instructional designer.
After taking this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Align module- or unit-level objectives with content and/or activities and assessment strategy.
- Reflect on the different strategies used to offer a course face-to-face versus online.
- Recognize how course alignment is supported by select Quality Matters Standards.
- Develop at least one rubric for a course artifact.
- Create an action plan to address course development and the learner experience in your course.
- Number: OL 3400.01
- Mode: Instructor Led
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Time Commitment: 3-5 hours/week